Introducing online programme forms – Performance Grades and digital ARSM
On 8 March 2023 we are introducing online programme forms for Performance Grades and digital ARSM diplomas. Instead of candidates showing a paper programme form to the camera at the start of the exam recording, the person uploading the video will enter the programme details online as part of the submission process.
If you are about to record or submit an exam video, please check the information below to see how this will affect you.
Submitting a video before 8 March
- Candidates should complete a paper programme form and show it to the camera at the start of their recording.
Submitting a video on 8 March
- Candidates should complete a paper programme form and show it to the camera at the start of the exam recording.
- You may have to complete an online form as well when submitting the video, so be prepared and have the programme details ready.
Submitting a video from 9 March onwards
- Candidates no longer need to show a programme form to the camera at the start of the exam recording.
- Instead you will be asked to enter the programme details when submitting the video.
- If you have already recorded a video with a programme form you can still use it after 8 March, but you will also have to complete an online form when submitting the video.
How will the online programme form work?
- When you are ready to submit the video, log in and select the exam.
- When you come to the programme form screen, enter the pieces or songs in the order they were performed, giving the list number (if relevant), composer and title and indicating whether it is own choice or not.
- If there is a syllabus overlap option, you should also indicate if you are using the previous or current syllabus.
- Click submit and complete the declaration before uploading the video.
We will be updating the instructions in our syllabuses and guidance to reflect this on 8 March.
No other changes
We are not making any other changes. At the start of the video, before their performance, candidates must still:
- Announce their name, subject, grade and the pieces or songs to be performed
- Show the opening of their own choice music to the camera
- Show photo ID if required
You can find answers to some common questions about the online programme form on our FAQ pages: